Welcome to my blog

Hey Everyone!

Welcome, welcome! Nothing interesting here to read other than my thoughts. If that's interesting, by all means, welcome! :P Enjoy!

-Nykki

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That will teach me to fill out a survey..

On my way to class, going to be late if I don't get there in 5 mins. I walk into the building and get bombarded by someone asking me if I want popcorn from her at a booth. I was kind of in a hurry and thinking, "popcorn would be nice as munchies in class" so I decided ok sure, why not? She tells me that before I can take it, I have to fill out a 1 minute survey.

I look at the survey and its about religion. Oh boy! This is going to be interesting. First of all, the survey took 30 seconds really so that was a plus. Second of all, the questions were quite personal, going from questions like: "When was the last time you went to Church?" and "Do you believe that Jesus ever existed?" These kind of questions are pretty personal to everyone and so even though I wasn't quite comfortable (considering she was watching me fill it out... making me feel very warm and on edge), I finished the survey, took my popcorn and left.

I got to class on time, that was pretty good. But one downside to filling out that survey (which I didn't even eat the popcorn, what a waste) was that I got a call from them asking me if I want to visit their booth and learn more about their program (Catholic Christian Outreach).

I thought to myself, "how bad could it be? Just go in, check it out before class, and get out!" Or so I thought.

I got a one on one talk with someone from the program and she convinced me (because I can never say no to people so that I don't hurt them) to go to "Faith Study". Seriously? Me? Faith study? Grrreeeaaaat!

So now I told her I would go, but she still hasn't called me to come. Good news for now, but what if she does call? I have to be in a discussion and talk about God and the bible.

I hope she doesnt call. It took me all the strength I possessed not to contradict her in the things she told me about God and the relationship we have with him.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. I want to believe in something, but sometimes, it just doesn't happen. Its hard to believe in something that doesn't exist. I'm one of those... i know. :P

No comments: