Welcome to my blog

Hey Everyone!

Welcome, welcome! Nothing interesting here to read other than my thoughts. If that's interesting, by all means, welcome! :P Enjoy!

-Nykki

Saturday, December 6, 2008

University the only option?

I'm here at Starbucks trying to study and all I can think about is what I'm going to do with my life. I constantly feel like my time here at school is pointless, will get me nowhere, its not for me. I know I can go to university, I know I have the marks to be successful. I know that most places, to be successful, a university degree is essential. You can get by with a college diploma but you can't really go places.

I've never been like that though. I've always tried to try singing, music, anything of the sort. My parents though, were never for the arts. "Arts won't help you get far; its not reliable. No security and maybe even no money." Well with this in mind most of my high school life, I was confused in what I wanted to do. I now realize, it doesn't matter is I might not make that much money. Will I be happy? Isn't that what counts?

I've thought about it the last couple of days and honestly, I believe school isn't everything. I don't think that going to university in something I'm not interested in just to make money is the right way to go. Every one is different! We wouldn't have farmers if we all needed to go to university, for example.

Anyway, I just wanted to talk about this a bit so that others out there who are thinking the same and are confused, its not a necessity to go to university to do what you truly want. I'm not saying don't go to university, but if its not for you or if you believe college or training elsewhere would be more beneficial, go for it! I'm totally supportive of anyone doing this. You don't have to listen to what your parents tell you to do. This is what you will be doing, not your parents.

Good Luck!!!

No comments: